WordPress Designer News – Supercharge WordPress With Jetpack
Supercharge your WordPress site with powerful features previously only available to WordPress.com users.
Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that allows you to supercharges your self-hosted WordPress site with the cloud based power of WordPress.com.
To read more information, take a look at Jetpack.me.
Below is a list of Jetpack features currently available.
- Simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server.
- Email subscriptions for your blog’s posts and your post’s comments.
- Social networking enabled comment system.
- Likes, allowing your readers to show their appreciation of your posts.
- Monitor and manage your site’s activity with Notifications in your Toolbar and on WordPress.com.
- Simple, Akismet-backed contact forms.
- The WP.me URL shortener.
- Hovercard popups for your commenters via Gravatar.
- Easily embedded media from popular sites like YouTube, Digg, and Vimeo.
- The ability to post to your blog from any email client.
- Integration with and automatic posting to your favorite social networks including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Path, and LinkedIn.
- For the Math geeks, a simple way to include beautiful mathematical expressions on your site.
- A widget for displaying recent tweets. Previously provided by Wickett Twitter Widget
- Your readers can easily share your posts via email or their favorite social networks. Previously provided by the Sharedaddy WordPress plugin.
- Your writing will improve thanks to After the Deadline, an artificial intelligence based spell, style, and grammar checker. Previously provided by the After the Deadline WordPress plugin.
- With Carousel active, any standard WordPress galleries you have embedded in posts or pages will launch a gorgeous full-screen photo browsing experience with comments and EXIF metadata.
- A CSS editor that lets you customize your site design without modifying your theme.
- A mobile theme that automatically streamlines your site for visitors on mobile devices.
- Mobile push notifications for new comments via WordPress mobile apps.
- The ability to allow applications to securely authenticate and access your site with your permission.
- Creative formats for your image galleries: mosaic, circles, squares, and a slideshow view.
- Add post sliders and other highlights to your theme with Featured Content.
- Search once, get results from everything! A single search box that lets you search posts, pages, comments, media, and plugins.
- Configure widgets to appear only on certain pages with the Widget Visibility module.
- Upload and insert videos into your posts thanks to VideoPress.
- Link Jetpack and your Google+ Profile to add mutliple Google features to your site.
- Sign in to your self-hosted WordPress site using your WordPress.com log-in credentials.
- Jetpack Monitor will keep tabs on your site, and alert you the moment that downtime is detected.
To Install Jetpack, follow the instructions below
- Install Jetpack either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by downloading Jetpack and then uploading the files to your server
- After activating Jetpack by WordPress.com, you will be asked to connect to WordPress.com to enable the Jetpack features.
- Click the connect button and log in to a WordPress.com account to authorise the Jetpack connection.
- If you don’t yet have a WordPress.com account, you can quickly create one after clicking the connect button.
- That’s it. You’re ready to go!