Free WordPress Sessions
The guys at WP sessions are doing a stella job, luckily you can now sample some of their great content for free!
Sessions, Plug-ins – I’m sure theres an innuendo in their somewhere.
WP Sessions have released a session called Building WordPress Plugins, It’s free, so add to cart and buy.
The session covers: Topher DeRosia on Intro to Plugins, Daniel Espinoza on Hooks, Filters, Options, and HTTP AP, and Pippin Williamson on Submitting to .org & Building an auto-updater.
- Understanding the basic plugin architecture
- Determine whether code belongs in a theme or a plugin
- Activation and deactivation hooks, uninstall.php
- Importance of function namespacing
- Understanding and Using Hooks and Filters
- Preparing your plugin for language translations
- Registering admin menu items
- Creating a Settings page
- Data Validation and Sanitization
- Using wp_remote_post() and wp_remote_get()
- Releasing your plugin on WordPress.org
- and more…
I’ve just got through the first video and it’s been insightful and well delivered.