Copywriting for the Web: Do I Need a Blog?
Long gone are the days of introverted teenagers tapping out their every thought into the box of lights in front of them. Man evolved, the world evolved, now blogging has evolved.
Why should I care about business blogging?
Well that’s a good question. Gather round while we discuss. Blog writing has fast become one of the best ways to market your business online. Don’t just take that from a freelance copywriter. If Microsoft deems business blogging important, then who are we to argue?
Besides creating a two-way conversation with customers, business blogging is a fantastic means of drumming up interest and creating sales.
The benefits of business blogging:
- Blogging communicates crucial information about you, your product and service direct to your target market.
- It’s a great way to build upon your brand principles and take your message to the widest possible audience.
- Parachute keywords and key phrases into the heart of your website on a regular basis. Done correctly, you’ll you climb the search engine ladder faster than a fireman. Google gets a real buzz from regularly updated information.
- Blogging is a great way to make new contacts and secure incoming links. Float a good post in the blogosphere and give people the chance to link back to them.
- If your business is the cake, then blogging is the cherry. A business blog drives traffic to your site, hold visitors’ attention and gives them another reason to come back.
- Finally, keep your blog up-to-date on a regular basis. People are naturally suspicious of the internet, especially when parting with money. So build consumer confidence with regular blog posts. If your website looks well kept and cared for, people are less likely to click on the ‘back’ button.